Full-Time Receptionist/Office Services Clerk
The Law Offices of Jason W. Estavillo is currently seeking a full-time receptionist/office services clerk in our Oakland, California office. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with compensation dependent upon experience.
The Law Offices of Jason W. Estavillo is a small but busy firm that specializes in Foreclosure Law, Business and Commercial Law, and Real Estate Law.
Our ideal candidate will be a flexible and positive person who enjoys client contact and takes initiative in his or her work. He or she must have the ability to work at a fast pace, work well under pressure, be detail-oriented, and able to multi-task and prioritize daily work. Maintaining a high level of discretion and the ability to uphold strict confidentiality with regards to clients and legal matters are required at all times. Candidate must be punctual, professional, dependable, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients and vendors;
- Maintain, organize and preserve cleanliness of office, conference room and break room;
- Answer phone, take messages and respond to online inquiries;
- Manage the client intake process including initial phone calls and information gathering as well as consult follow-ups;
- Schedule meetings and phone call consultations;
- Sort mail, stamp, scan and file legal documents;
- Copy and fax documents;
- Organize, file and retrieve client hard copy files as needed;
- Enter and update client information into client database. Maintain computer-based digital filing system;
- Draft simple memos and correspondences;
- Collaborate with staff members to assist with billing as necessary;
- Assist with payments and banking;
- Prepare binders and documents for court dates;
- Assist in filing and closing files when necessary;
- Order and restock office supplies.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years office experience required; legal experience a plus but not required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service ability, interpersonal skills, and capacity for compassionate interaction with potential and current clients.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain filing system, both computer and paper based.
- Experienced in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Please reply by email with your resume and a cover letter.
Entry-Level Litigation Attorney
The Law Offices of Jason W. Estavillo has an opening for a full-time, entry-level litigation attorney in our Oakland, CA office. We are a small firm that specializes in Foreclosure Law, Business & Commercial Law, and Real Estate Law.
Handling day-to-day litigation of complex matters with primary focus on foreclosure law.
Litigating in courts throughout California.
Performing extensive research and writing about sophisticated legal issues involving federal and state laws.
Developing, managing, and executing litigation strategies and tactical decision-making throughout the course of multi-year litigation. This includes management of discovery and client communications.
The right candidate will have a positive demeanor and feel comfortable and confident in making court appearances throughout California. He or she will work independently as well as among small teams of attorneys on multiple cases during different stages of litigation and be willing to “go the extra mile” to get the job done, which may include working evenings and weekends when necessary.
This is the perfect opportunity for a recent law school graduate or litigation attorney who is fairly novel to practicing but wants to make an impact on the world. While we will consider candidates from all geographical locations, we prefer someone who lives in the East Bay.
Excellent credentials and strong writing ability.
Aptitude to work independently with minimum oversight.
Creative thinking capabilities.
Superb communication skills focused on direct and concise correspondence.
Professional demeanor and proficiency for managing and maintaining a fast-paced environment.
Experience in billing and daily time reporting.
Proficiency in or advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook.